Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Evans with a B, please!




I've been inspired to start a blog. Perhaps I have Pinterest to blame, I mean, thank, for this inspiration (so many creative DIY projects and delicious recipes-- I, too, would like to be apart of the fun) or maybe, and most importantly, it's because of my friends who share their lives in such intimate ways through pictures and stories. Nonetheless, I feel like 2012 is all about "getting on board" with the things that I've said "Hey, I'd like to to that". Besides, blogging is an excellent way for me to communicate what God is doing in our lives. This process will not be easy for me (I often cringe at the thought of writing an eloquent thank you note). But perhaps this is a process; about more than perfect grammar, poetic words and eloquently related stories. It's about our journey, our lives...exciting, faith-filled and full of many blessings!

Now, about our Blog address:
"It's like evans with a B" is a phrase frequently heard around our family.  I'm not sure what's so difficult about our last name. In the supermarket, I hear "thank you, Ms. Bee-vans...would you like help out to the car".  No.  No, thank-you. I've got it.  It feels so awkward for me to correct people (at least in that setting), but really?  I've seen our name spelled "Blevins" or "Bevins", which I can understand the later since this is how it's pronounced. Over the phone, spelling our last name is even more mind-bending..."was that v-e-v-i-n-s?" "No, Ma'am (or Sir), I reply "it's like Evans with a B". 



I don't want to sound bitter about this-- in fact, it's quite comical. Scott has a name plate on his desk that was given to him by his chiefs during his R2 year that reads "Scotty Eric Blevins, MD". And so, there you have it... our Web address has been born!
Ironically, I must confess that after I initially published our first blog entry on the new URL domain name... I realized that *I* had mis-spelled "evans".  Guess even I need a catchy reminder-- earning my own mumbly "it's like evans with a B!"

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blogging! Since I'm not on FB I'm excited to see more pics and such :)

    ReplyDelete