Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Awaiting a new season

You never know when the last sunny, warm day will be in Seattle before the leaves change and the sky grows gloomy.  Today was sunny and beautiful with a hint of chill in the air (the marine layer this morning smelled like the ocean and I loved it-- this salty fragrance instantly drops my blood pressure).  It's time for transition, is it not?  I'm looking forward to trading our flip flops for rain boots, the kiddie pool for new venues designed for indoor fun and a "go wherever, whenever" schedule to one that is more structured.  I seem to function best this way.  Fall is my favorite time of the year-- the crisp air, pumpkins, routine, my red le Creuset on the stove, football and little rain boots and jackets.  I could go on!

This past weekend we took Jack to the Magnuson Dog Park-- it has been awhile since he'd been swimming and he loved every minute.  Hanna loves to play with Jack (and be in the water).  I think that she would have been willing to retrieve a ball along side him if we let her.  She enjoyed riding her balance bike to the dog run. It's so exciting to watch her learn and enjoy new activities.  Speaking of activity, Harper has learned how to stand and she uses everything to bring her into an upright position.  The girls are learning how to play (and share) together.  Sharing will.take.time. (deep breath, and repeat). When they do play and the bigger H shares - the girls giggle and that sound easily becomes the best part of my day.
Little, cute... and loud band!
Nice throw Han!

Doggie beach at Magnuson



Jack is an awesome swimmer. He gets all the other dogs balls too!
She's sitting..still... only for this photo!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment