Friday, July 31, 2015

Updated!



We've been having such an adventurous summer!  Admittedly, in early June I thought... SUMMER?  Whatever shall we do all DAY and all NIGHT while Dad works long hours?  And, then it dawned on me. Make the very best of it- explore, laugh, visit, play, relax, run, swim, blow bubbles, eat and enjoy our summer together and with our friends. NOW is the time to GO and DO! And, let me tell you we've been on the move. Nothing too crazy, but we've been swimming, wadding, raspberry picking, carnival riding, farm petting, zoo attending, play dating, running, park hopping, museum perusing, VBS singing, ice cream eating and much more. We made a list this Summer, so I knew what mattered to Hanna (sorry, no Disneyland this year) and to help me from wondering "whatever shall we do today?" The list is slowly coming to an end as "school" resumes late August. We will still have our adventures, but less regularly.  Until then on the docket there still remains: a lemonade stand (proceeds for a cause TBD), reptile zoo visit with friends, a hike to a waterfall and dancing the night away at an outdoor concert or two (okay, both are for Casper Babypants). We really enjoy his music. Check him out!  I would really love to post once a week (it's a goal..keep me accountable), so if you'd like to check us out here is the best place for it! Enjoy.

Morning walk to Haystack Rock with Nanny and Grandpa.  The girls absolutely love the water- just like their Dad!
Our big brown-eyed blondies. They're so sweet together (when they want to be).

Harper aka the "puddle jumper". She was soaked despite my best effort. Did I really think that I could keep her dry?
Luckily, I brought a change of clothes.

Many trips to the Green Lake wading pool.  I've enjoyed running around the Lake with the girls, playing at the park and eating at one of our favorite pizza places (Woodlands).
Seafair Parade (Hanna was so excited to see the "princesses").  She was, by far, my favorite one!

Harper enjoying all the items being hurled her way!
Checking out the salmon (and the boats) at the Locks! And, climbing on anything and everything that we can find!
Some of my favorite peeps on the BOAT that we leased for the summer! We've enjoyed cruising around, mooring at our dinner spot for the evening and seeing Seattle from a different vantage point. Truly a beautiful city!
Inside the boat's cuddy (lots of cushions, thankfully)! They will willingly stay in there for a couple of minutes. Just enough time for Scott and I to launch and park the boat. (Grin)
Recent trip to the Pacific Science Center. The butterflies habitat was my favorite!

And, this spunky 4 year old has learned to swim this Summer! She even rode her first roller coaster, too!  She loves singing her VBS worship CD, anything that requires lots of movement and is only still for movie nights (and sleep).
She continues to bless and amaze me. 


And, this cutie!  Because she has an older sister she enjoys the "finer" things in life-- suckers, smoothies and ice cream cones. She is a skilful climber (not entirely an accurate statement), LOVES her big sister, and is always on the GO! 
I can't wait to see what next week brings...




1 comment:

  1. Love seeing what your sweet family is up to! Thanks for posting :) Miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete